Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russia's New 'Conservative' Ideology To Counter Liberalism
(02-05-2022, 08:30 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: So, IMHO, Putin's words resonate with me. The words of the speech are accurate to the degree for which they were intended. That does not make me ready to drink the vodka spiked Kool-Aid. 

The words are accurate, but accuracy is not everything. They go as far as they go, but not everything is being said, so while accurate, the speech does not go the distance. That, too, is a part of propaganda - only telling the part one wants told, not the entire truth.

People eat that up until the other shoe drops.

Russians will be Russians, and like everything else in this world, including politicians, they can always be trusted to act according to their nature. But that is about as far as I trust anybody.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia's New 'Conservative' Ideology To Counter Liberalism - by Ninurta - 02-06-2022, 01:40 AM