Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IRS to the rescue: thieves now required to report ill-gotten gains
(12-31-2021, 01:20 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: 6. Canceled debt must be included as income. So... student loan forgiveness. You may be off the hook for the loan but are you still on the hook as income? (It looks like they get picky parsing this one out) 

I'd be willing to fight them to the death on that one.

I had a total of 9.000 in student loans. To date, I have paid back 24,000 on that 9,000, and according to the loan people, I still owe another 27,000. It's a debt that can NEVER actually be paid off.

I got 9.000 - THAT was my "income". The other 42,000 is just money for nothing, nothing money, that I never gained. It's less substantial than air, and was certainly never any sort of "gain" to me, so in the event of loan forgiveness, they could kiss my ass on that one. Not gonna happen. They can suck the taxes on that nothing money right out of my ass.

They can call it "nothing taxes on nothing money", and make ALL of it imaginary.

OR they could try to extort it from my estate after I die... if they have a good metal detector, they might find BOTH of the pennies I've buried as my legacy.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: IRS to the rescue: thieves now required to report ill-gotten gains - by Ninurta - 12-31-2021, 01:55 AM