Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ubiquitous Bluetooth and PAN - Personal Area Network
(12-24-2021, 03:43 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I've been discussing this topic with my conspiracy minded older brother and he now turns off the Bluetooth feature in his devices. He claimed that his phone turned it on by it's self, something my laptop did to me apparently.

I was at a friend's house that has a fast internet connection to view some work related videos on my laptop. Now, month's later, when I actually tried the Bluetooth feature, the laptop had a list of every available device at their house and there was a lot of them. You need to establish a connection by pairing, so I hadn't actually connected to these devices. Of course, I never activated the Bluetooth in the first place either.

About 2 or 3 years ago, I had a cell phone that kept turning on it's own bluetooth, wifi, and microphone. After the second time it surreptitiousdly turned on it's own mic, I "degoogled" it and cured that problem. I don't know that it was nefarious, as it kept on turning on it's own airplane mode as well, and I don't see a good surveillance reason for that. Might have just been a glitch in the software.

Turning on all that stuff by itself did seem to be burning through a lot of battery, though, and that was annoying.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ubiquitous Bluetooth and PAN - Personal Area Network - by Ninurta - 12-24-2021, 03:56 PM