Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Very Marie Christmas
Neil Smith smiled and said “Glad you could make it Marie. How was Hel? Did you two have a nice visit?”

Marie’s mother looked at her and back to Neal with a confused look, finally resting her eyes on the other Smith “Why Donna?”

Neil answered instead “Because Maggie, your daughter has been wrecking our plans for far too long. No mortal should have those sorts of powers. She is an abomination and must be stopped.”

“Like hell!” Ted shouted and stomped his captor’s foot.

Marie rushed in, reaching for a pistol that wasn’t there and knew she had to come up with a plan soon. She stopped short when an ugly little man with a red hat stepped in front of her. Out of sheer frustration she uttered “Jesus wept”.

The Redcap looked at her, eyes wide in surprise and blinked out of existence. Something that resembled a key drop to the floor. She took no time to wonder what had happened. She ran to one of the tables that hadn’t been overturned and snatched up the salt shaker. Meanwhile, unseen by anyone, Penny and Bella had crept up behind Neil  and Donna Smith and sank their teeth into their flesh pulling them back from Ted and Maggie. Marie ran faster opening the salt shaker and didn’t stop until she had completed a circle around the Smith’s pouring the salt as she went. 

Neil and Donna began to speak as one but several voices seem to be coming from their mouths at the same time. “We are many and you are one. Yet you stand there knowing that you will be defeated. Why fight? You will lose little Marie.“

Marie started speaking in Latin when a woman with long dark hair joined her “Marie, that does not go well with your accent. Sounds terrible. Let me finish it.”

Marie stepped back to let the woman finish the banishment spell as Loki stood beside her. He slipped something into his pocket. The key perhaps? As much as she didn’t like the idea of keeping Baldur prisoner, what happened between him, Hel and that key was none of her business so she kept her opinion to herself, for now.”

He leaned over and asked “Why didn’t you tell me there was a Redcap after you? I was relieved to see you defeat him. I was afraid that since you hadn’t encountered one before, you wouldn’t know, that somewhere along the way, quoted scripture from the Bible seems to have become one of their weaknesses.”

“Huh? What verse?“ she asked and Loki looked at her with a bemusement. She went on to say “I didn’t tell you because I didn’t know who’s side you were on. I still don’t. You only seem to do what benefits you.”

“Fair enough.” he said as the dark haired woman joined them.

“Hello Lilith” Marie said.

“Hello Marie. Well, this is quite the mess. I’ll have to make them forget any of this happened and we’ll have to put the room back like it was.”

As Lilith pulled a device from her bag Marie looked toward her parents and said “Make me forget too Lilith. I can’t stand knowing they were in danger because of me.”

Lilith considered a moment before she asked “You’d give up this extraordinary live for something safe and boring?”

“If it keeps them safe, yes.”

“We need you Marie but if this is something you want, then it’s something I’ll do for all the times you’ve helped me.”

Before she could speak the words however, there concussion in the room like a blast from a silent explosion. Smoke and vapor stood in the center of the ring of salt. A voice came out of the cloudy mass, “Oh Marie, one more thing. I’ve sent my agents to your ranch. I’m sure they’ll leave my regards with the gentleman you have staying there.”

The smoke vanished. Marie and Lilith looked at each other. “Change your mind? Let me finish up here and we’ll go save your little buckaroo.”

Messages In This Thread
A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-09-2021, 01:42 AM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by ABNARTY - 12-09-2021, 02:53 AM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-09-2021, 04:25 AM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by ABNARTY - 12-09-2021, 06:12 PM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-09-2021, 08:14 PM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-10-2021, 02:14 AM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-10-2021, 05:17 PM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 12-11-2021, 04:02 AM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-11-2021, 06:38 AM