Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you have unusual Thanksgiving traditions?
We didn't really have strange Thanksgiving traditions (other than having two different turkeys, one smoked turkey and one traditional- mom and dad never could agree), but we had some strange Christmas traditions!

For starters we would go late in the afternoon on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts with my mom's family, nothing strange there. But once it was dark we proceeded to a huge family party with my dad's family. The dining table was loaded with every type of liquor/alcohol imaginable and anyone tall enough to reach the table and pour a drink was welcome to have at it even if you could only reach by climbing up on a chair or the kitchen step ladder. After eating, drinking, exchanging gifts and being merry the entire family formed a giant caravan and headed to Midnight Mass- everyone from youngest to oldest drunk as a loon!

After Mass everyone went to their own homes to nestle in and await Santa. Kids rose early and began playing with toys left by the jolly old elf- quietly though until the parents woke up. Once the parents were awake and the cooking began that is when the disco music was cranked up! We danced all day long with friends and family in and out all day- and if you didn't dance you were threatened with no presents or feast!

Needless to say we never listened to traditional Christmas music and to this day we all still dance with disco music blaring every Christmas Day whether together or apart. In fact we call KC and the Sunshine Band our traditional Christmas music. Thankfully Kdog plays along even though he isn't a disco kind of guy! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you have unusual Thanksgiving traditions? - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 11-25-2021, 04:22 PM