Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Own Personal Experience of Turmeric and Golden Milk
I can relate to having bad knees. After years in the Navy over exercising and lots of running to stay in shape, both knees are pretty much shot, and I have considerable arthritis in both of them, as well as my ankles and my spine. I’ve been taking krill oil for several years as I do not like to take any kind of pain pills. That did help a little, but I was still having days, particularly in the winter, when the pain got so bad I did give in and take something for it. 

A couple of years ago, I heard about turmeric. There was an article by a doctor that said she started recommending it for her patients that could tolerate it for pain. People were saying it was wonderful how it helped with their arthritis pain. So I did quite a bit more online research and bought some turmeric. You have to make sure you take the type that is absorb able. Within a few weeks, I found that I hardly ever had any arthritis pain. I have been able to walk 3-4 miles a day being on this. I couldn’t do that before, even with taking krill oil.

So like Gordi says, it does seem to help with inflammation. I also like to eat things that have turmeric in them. I love chicken tikka masala, and chickpeas and rice with a light curry sauce. I am trying more Indian cuisine, as many of the dishes have good healthy things and taste wonderful. A Western diet is terrible for those who have arthritis.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Own Personal Experience of Turmeric and Golden Milk - by ChiefD - 07-16-2020, 11:04 PM