Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I have done the unthinkable...
(11-14-2021, 05:27 AM)guohua Wrote: I'll do my best to meditate for you tonight, we don't do Christmas and my husband Hates Turkey, but our friend (Tom) well cook a turkey in his Dutch Oven in the sand at the lake and I get some Turkey.
Christmas is just to Damn Expensive!

Years ago we stopped doing the commercial Christmas.

I raised my children with the tradition that Christmas was a time of giving, not receiving. When they were about 13 years old, I overheard one of their friends ask them what they were getting for Christmas. They looked at each other puzzled. The youngest said, "You don't get anything for Christmas, you give things for Christmas".

My children were given coupons for Christmas that they could use throughout the year, for they things that they liked. Things like a spa day.

Spa day is where I would treat them to luxurious bubble baths with candle lights, Yanni, and being fed in the tub with chocolate covered strawberries, other assorted fruits, an alcohol free Mimosas. Followed by a massage. They loved spa day.

There were other activities like Family Bowling night. Blockbuster Night. Mystery Drive Night. They each got five or six hand made coupons that they could cash in when they wanted.

They had to make coupons to give to friends and families as gifts. Their gifts had to be something they had to be personally involved in doing. They are grown now. Neither has children of their own yet, but they claim they are going to raise their children with the same spirit of their childhood Christmases. They still don't do the commercial Christmas of today.

I live in the woods, I have been out here for over twenty years. I always put up a Christmas tree on the front porch every year. Though very few people can see it, but me.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have done the unthinkable... - by guohua - 11-14-2021, 05:27 AM
RE: I have done the unthinkable... - by guohua - 11-14-2021, 07:01 AM
RE: I have done the unthinkable... - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 11-15-2021, 08:09 PM
RE: I have done the unthinkable... - by F2d5thCav - 11-14-2021, 08:38 AM
RE: I have done the unthinkable... - by kdog - 11-14-2021, 09:34 AM
RE: I have done the unthinkable... - by ABNARTY - 11-15-2021, 03:59 AM
RE: I have done the unthinkable... - by senona - 11-16-2021, 01:50 AM
RE: I have done the unthinkable... - by senona - 11-16-2021, 01:55 AM
RE: I have done the unthinkable... - by kdog - 11-16-2021, 04:56 AM