Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remember the girl who was raped in the school bathroom
(10-29-2021, 04:37 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 04:57 AM)Freija Wrote: What “rights” are being “run roughshod” over exactly? Would you care to elaborate?

Here is a lengthy but pretty good analysis and constitutional review of these “rights”.

Constitutional Privacy and the Fight Over Access to Sex-Segregated Spaces

I finally got to read the analysis. It seemed overly convoluted, but that is common to nearly all legal analyses. It creates a "constitutionally protected right" where none is actually Constitutionally specified, and them proceeds to destroy that right. What I took from it is that students have no more rights than prisoners, whose rights are routinely violated and even eliminated.

That then leaves us with the necessity of parents defending their childrens' rights in the best way they can, as the courts can no longer be trusted to do so, and in fact that is what is happening now in Loudoun County, with a great number of parents simply removing their children from a school system that they perceive to no longer be protecting or serving their kids - not just over the trans restroom issue, but over a plethora of issues where the school system is falling short. It's just that the bathroom issue is currently the loudest and most up-front aspect in the news cycle.

So, I suppose the final takeaway is that none of us have any rights at all that we are not willing to defend and enforce ourselves, which is something I have already been saying for years now, and so that comes as no surprise to me.

That is what My Husband said also, he agrees with you,,,,(I wonder why, LOL)

I translated the Analysis given in the post into Mandarin so I could read and better understand her reply.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember the girl who was raped in the school bathroom - by guohua - 10-29-2021, 05:16 PM