Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff
Definitely off topic and ranty. But I have to let it out. 

Background: I am going to school. I have a lot of GI Bill money sitting out there so why not? Thus the primary reason for my current educational endeavor is financial. Crucify me if you want. I am taking a program I am not particularly interested in but it is all on-line. With the price of gas what it is and all the C19 BS going on, on-line is perfect. No wasting my time/money driving around and no playing masky-masky-jabby-jabby. Still, I give it 100%.  

Problem: I find the older I get, the less I am able to communicate effectively. Additionally, I struggle trying to understand how/why people do what they do.

I won't bore whomever decides to read this with all the nitty-gritty. To make it short, I had a disagreement with one of my instructors over an assignment. The instructions for the thing were demonstrably unreconcilable with the grading criteria. I spoke up, provided evidence, and voiced my opinion. Did my best to be tactful and take the high road. For my effort, I got gas lit. Was told maybe I did not read things sufficiently. It would be too much work to make adjustments. 

I let it go because in the end, it's not that important. Not worth pursuing further. I just chalked it up to good information about to know about that person moving forward. But it really p***ed me off. It resonated big time with the problems I mentioned above. 

A big problem for me was spending my adult life in the military. It's a different culture. They work differently. It's not all perfect to be sure but they do stress integrity and being direct when speaking. When I come across a situation like the above, it hits me viscerally. I find it disrespectful to me, to themselves, and the propriety of the circumstances. It is a big red flag that something is not healthy. A danger. But this is just me. My take on the matter. I am finding many people see it as business as usual. 

Part of me knows I cannot dwell on this one person. She is what she is. A simple problem really. I now know I cannot trust her to demonstrate simple integrity and honesty when push comes to shove. No worries. I will continue to turn in my work and try my best. If a discrepancy occurs, I just know I will be on the short end. 

But another part of me wants to step away from the situation. I need to be true to my convictions and demonstrate I will not participate at that level and drop the class. 

So where do I go? It's just one discussion for one class for cripes sake! I am coming out ahead financially on the matter and learning a few things to boot. But I feel weak and sinful letting it be. The two contrary feelings are sitting there in my head and my heart together. As happy as can be. Smiling at me.     

tinysure tinysure tinysure

Messages In This Thread
A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-09-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by Ninurta - 10-09-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-10-2021, 12:48 AM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by Ninurta - 10-10-2021, 01:48 AM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-10-2021, 12:43 AM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-11-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-11-2021, 08:42 PM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-11-2021, 08:36 PM