Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
USA truckers to do a protest like Australian truckers on the 31st
(09-01-2021, 02:20 PM)727Sky Wrote: Did they get something going in the states as far as a truck stoppage ?

Not that I noticed, but I probably wouldn't notice out here in the hinterlands until stores ran dry. There was a crap ton of traffic yesterday, folks going out to town to stock up, but that was more likely the weather forecast in action than worries of a truck strike. I think Tik Tok must've got it killed in the cradle. Chalk one up for the totalitarians and their total information control.

Hurley, VA, in Buchanan County is flooding, and that has sent a shock wave of panic through the bread and milk crowd. Must have been the governor noticing enough to send in the National Guard. I went to Grundy VA yesterday, expecting it to be flooded, too, but nothing there. The river wasn't even up, and you could see the rocks on the bottom of it sticking out of the water it was so low. It was about a 60 mile round trip, no fewer trucks on the highway than usual, and none of them cutting up or impeding traffic.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: USA truckers to do a protest like Australian truckers on the 31st - by Ninurta - 09-01-2021, 07:46 PM