Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dispelling The Myths about Methamphetamines and The War On Drugs!
(06-26-2021, 05:49 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Gees Louise! I never realized pot had gotten so expensive!   tinywhat I haven't bought any in decades, but like you, last time I bought any it was $20/ounce. And that was just when I had to pay for it. 
I had some family members who grew it, so I got it for free most the time. They knew what they were doing. They had the reputation of having the best pot in the county, and beyond. I think it had to do with the pure mountain dirt where they grew it, because he did nothing special to it. Planted it, and walked away until time to pick.

Yeah, I was pretty floored when I saw the price quotes. I guess that's what happens when you're out of the loop too long.

When I was researching the legalization of cannabis in Virginia thread, I ran across a reference of someone complaining that if you went into a dispensary after 1 July, you might be paying up to 130 dollars for a 100 dollar bag of pot due to the new taxes, and I thought "who in the hell buys a hundred bucks worth of pot at a time?" Then I realized that it would amount to what we used to call a "nickel bag" or less...

Back then, you could get a 1 pound brick for anywhere from 300 to 600 bucks, depending on the variety - now 300 bucks will get you just enough pot to wipe the dust out of your smokin' bowl.

I think Fin once said it goes for around 15 dollars a gram in Finland, which works out to about 420 dollars an ounce, quite a bargain these days considering US prices! I've never in my life wanted to get wrecked bad enough to pay the prices they are asking here now.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dispelling The Myths about Methamphetamines and The War On Drugs! - by Ninurta - 06-26-2021, 05:56 PM