Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cannabis legalization in Virginia
@"OmegaLogos" - Yeah, my son lives in WV, and he had had to rub my nose in the fact that starting 1 July, no more sales taxes will be collected on firearms or ammunition sales in that state. WV is also a "Constitutional Carry" state - no permit required to carry weapons concealed beyond the Bill of Rights we have had for a couple centuries now. It's looking better as a homestead there every day.

I also just found out this new VA law is racist, in that it requires any new cannabis businesses to be owned at least 66% by "disadvantaged persons" in the interests of "equity". That translates to "don't be trying to make any money off drug sales if you ain't a minority, or in state government." Not a very good way to dispel the stereotype of minorities as drug dealers, if you ask me - but they didn't ask me. They just did it.

Oddly, I've been trying to find a PDF of the text of this bill as passed, and it is "unavailable" at the state legislature website. That's not very comforting or transparent, and it does not inspire confidence in what the state government is trying to do.

You don't try to hide what you are doing if it is above board, y''know?  

All in all, I still believe it is safest for folks in the drug world to continue as they have for years - don't tell the government what you are doing, and don't ask their permission to do it. Just do what yer gonna do, and keep quiet about it. That formula has worked nearly forever, ever since there have BEEN governments to try to interfere in your little world.

Just act like nothing has changed, and no laws were passed.

ETA: Federally in the USA, since 2018, some forms of cannabis are kinda sorta legal to grow. They can't have more than 0.3% THC. if your plants are tested anywhere over that limit, they can't be sold, they have to be destroyed. And licensing. Federally, you have to have a license to grow that sort of "pot lite". They make a legal distinction now between "hemp" and "marijuana", and that is the dividing line. Hemp is legal, marijuana is not, Federally in the US. The difference between the two, legally speaking, is 0.1% THC content.

If you can get a license to grow it.

And seeds.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Cannabis legalization in Virginia - by Ninurta - 06-24-2021, 05:52 AM
RE: Cannabis legalization in Virginia - by Ninurta - 06-24-2021, 07:54 AM
RE: Cannabis legalization in Virginia - by PLOTUS - 06-24-2021, 03:48 PM
RE: Cannabis legalization in Virginia - by kdog - 06-25-2021, 02:01 AM