Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Reasons Why Michigan's Governor Whitmer Must Go
@"Ninurta" 

Yeah, no, I don't know.  Not convinced.

Giving more power to the states, or any other more local government echelon, just shifts the problem around.  The problem being, despite a bunch of laws, regulations, etc., the power centers manage to accumulate more powers than they should have.

Again -- Michigan, California, and New York.  Imagine the federal  government with few powers and most powers with the states.  People like Whitmer would do what they want and dare the people to do something about it.  If she had more power, she'd declare recall motions invalid and tell the people of her state to lump it.

It is fine to say "2nd Amendment", but as we've seen, that is mostly an attitude held by -individuals- who are intent on maintaining some control within the extent of their private property.  That is a far cry from an armed, -organized- citizenry that is vigilant about government overreach, and, willing to do something about it.

We've seen the police will remain loyal to the authorities until everything is really coming apart at the seams.  No help can be expected from that quarter, other than in some exceptional localities.  National Guard will sooner "Kent State" a group of rowdy citizens than join them.  U.S. military?  Shit, their leadership has gone woke.

So, it seems to me our choice is local oppression or oppression from Washington DC.  Neither prospect is appealing.  I tend to think Jim Kunstler is correct in his idea that at some point, the "system" will have a major collapse, and what will emerge will be something like feudal times: local "lords" who exercise arbitrary and brutal rule until the next brute kills them and does the same thing.  tinyhuh

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of Reasons Why Michigan's Governor Whitmer Must Go - by F2d5thCav - 06-03-2021, 10:15 AM