Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amazon Devices Will Soon Automatically Share Your Internet With Neighbors
(05-31-2021, 12:54 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: An interesting tidbit: They are now offering 5g internet service for rural residences in some areas. One of my daughters has it. No wires involved, just a 5g receiver that gets internet signal through the air. She is pissed because half of their electronics can't hook up to it because they are 4g (Smart TV, etc.) and not compatible. Ironically Amazon devices will hook up to it- even 3g and 4g devices. I guess old Bezos is smarter than the average bear because he is looking to score a HUGE picnic basket on this! 

It won't work here, but it's a nice thought for them. Too many mountains that block the signals - so a repeater for 5g would have to be in my line of sight to work, and I bet dollars against donuts it wouldn't work long... and they'd never see the bullet or gunman that took it out.

It's a nice idea. I used to have both my wired house phone and internet through "Cleartalk", a service that worked over the air. So, if I ran into trouble, there were no wires outside the house for either phone or internet that they could cut to cut off my communications.

But that was in the flatlands, where signals travel. Not a possibility here. I don't get any cell signal here at all other than the one I generate myself with a network extender... and I control that one... It only reaches about 100 feet or so around the house, not far enough for anyone to take advantage of or use unawares.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amazon Devices Will Soon Automatically Share Your Internet With Neighbors - by Ninurta - 06-01-2021, 07:09 AM