Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HAS CHINA DEFEATED THE UNITED STATES?
(05-20-2021, 06:56 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 05:21 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Why does this video come to mind?

America will not be taken over by combat. We will just walk slowly, and willingly into that abyss.

Just like we did with COVID lock downs and vaccine lines.

Just a thought.

watched the video and wanted to find out just how much U.S. debt is owned by foreign governments. i always knew that the majority of debt was owed to U.S. citizens, in the form SS, Pensions and Treasury bonds/ notes. 

what i didn't know was the how the shell game is played. 

take social security just one of others, according to the link i'm gonna post. they take in more than they need to pay their debt to citizens or what have you for others. so they take the excess and buy treasury notes. instead of refunding the money.

it also turns out that japan owns more of our debt than china, not much more but they are the ones holding the most right now.

Quote:The Bottom Line
Many people believe that much of U.S. debt is owed to foreign countries like China and Japan. The truth is, most of it is owed to Social Security and pension funds. This means U.S. citizens, through their retirement money, own most of the national debt.

U.S. national debt is the sum of these two federal debt categories:

• Public debt, held by other countries, the Federal Reserve, mutual funds, and other entities and individuals

• Intragovernmental holdings, held by Social Security, Military Retirement Fund, Medicare, and other retirement funds

Link: Who Owns The U.S. National Debt

@"NightSkyeB4Dawn" and @"hounddoghowlie",

Bringing in a virus that would kill our elders makes more sense now. Also, could be why many of the Governors pushed the sick into nursing homes. They were hoping to kill them off. 

tinyok

I remember my dad talking about how social security would be broke before he ever reached retirement; but it was still there, thank goodness. 
Of course, that kept me scared half to death that I wouldn't have anything to live on by the time I reached retirement. Trying to put anything into a savings account was non-existent when I was working; it took every penny to pay the bills, and maybe take a small vacation once a year. 
But, here I am, and it's still there. 
Instead of Congress continually giving themselves large raises every year, they should start putting the money back into our SS reserves to pay others who will need it someday. Or, how about giving Seniors a big raise so we can keep up with the rising prices to live!

Messages In This Thread
RE: HAS CHINA DEFEATED THE UNITED STATES? - by Mystic Wanderer - 05-20-2021, 07:17 PM