Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Teen charged in death of 4 year old boy
(05-19-2021, 05:57 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I think I often fit into first category as well.

I know it is hard to believe, because I am reminded so frequently, that I just don't think the way most people do. Those gears in my head don't line up the same way, and they don't stop automatically on the conclusion that most people come to when presented with an issue.

When I am called into a case, my first observation is never color. The first thing I hone in on is demeanor. It is the first indicator to  me, for how I should present myself. I can do absolutely nothing, if the patient is not willing to allow me to help them. I gauge their emotional and mental needs first, then I assess for injury.

I will admit that it makes a difference for how I will need to medically approach them based on their gender, and I try very hard to be sensitive their sexual orientation, if we get that far, but first things first. The last thing I usually ask, is their race.

Again, this may be odd for some people in some areas, but you cannot judge a person's ethnicity, solely on the color of their skin.

You are right. Bat shit crazy comes in all flavors, skin tones, religion, and cultures. So does, mental instability, and just plain evil.

I agree with @MysticWander that the media, in all its forms, is a constant and vicious distributor of propaganda, lies, deceit, and hate. One of the main reason I don't partake of what they are offering. What they distribute is toxic, contagious, and infectious.

For all the good social media is able to do, it is just as deadly, if not more so. I see the heinous results it leaves in its wake, when people are too trusting, too gullible, and too involved with social media. Especially younger folks, which causes them to sometimes use poor judgment. Social media is at the center of that black mirror most of us carry with us at all times. An open gateway straight to hell, if not carefully secured, mentally, digitally, and physically.

I agree. Social media is likely even more insidious than traditional media. the propaganda spewed from social media outlets is coming from "people just like me", rather than alleged journalists in lofty positions above me, and is therefore more likely to get internalized into people's daily lives. No matter that the propaganda initially originates from those same journalistic hacks, the final outlet, the outward facing propagandists, are still people "just like me" even when they are just parroting propaganda prepared by the Higher Ministry of Truth, and are therefore more likely to be favorably received because people will not see beyond the perceived source to the actual source.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen charged in death of 4 year old boy - by Ninurta - 05-19-2021, 06:06 PM