Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nicotine and Menthol as Possible Treatments for SARS-CoV-2
(05-02-2021, 06:15 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 05:20 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I was wondering what brought about the quick banning of menthol cigarettes. It just seemed odd. 

Now I know. They are still trying to kill the black population, while making them think they are trying to help them.

smalltappingfoot

The dots started to connect with this push to ban menthol cigarettes obviously.

Remembering how early in the pandemic they had cases of heavy smokers in China that did amazingly well after catching COVID in spite of comorbidities like age, weight and other conditions, I decided to revisit those reports. The response to these positive reports back then were that smoking is bad and has no medical value. So that story quickly disappeared from view, but the NIH still did studies on nicotine because they were amazed that it was beneficial in these numerous cases.

Now this menthol cigarette ban also had me remember that early on there were reports of people in India and elsewhere that were breathing the vapors of mentholated OTC medications boiled with water. That idea was also claimed to be harmful and was in no way a suitable treatment.

I don't recommend anyone start smoking menthol cigarettes as a treatment, prophylactic or otherwise. But if you get the COVID, you could use the nicotine patch in combination with a menthol rub if you want to see if this helps to reduce symptoms or keep you out of the hospital.

Menthol is extracted from the peppermint plant, mentha piperita. It grows wild out where I grew up, right alongside spearmint. If push comes to shove, and they get menthol banned altogether, folks can still get the menthol from the plant. Make a strong tea, put a towel over your head with the tea under your nose, and huff up those fumes. It's also a topical anesthetic - that's why peppermint feels "cool", because it deadens all sensation other than the sensation of cold. That's also why menthol cigarettes are less harsh. Some stores sell it as a growing plant around here - you can find it in the herb section at Walmart.

I'm going to work up the bed for an herb garden this year, and start the garden itself next spring, to grow various medicinal herbs close to the house. I'll have to go back to the old homestead and get wild plants or seed for the garden here. I'm looking at peppermint, spearmint, catnip (good for bad nerves and some stomach troubles), wild lettuce - the white latex from it works like opium for pain, but it's not quite as strong, and it ain't illegal or addictive - and a few other things.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nicotine and Menthol as Possible Treatments for SARS-CoV-2 - by Ninurta - 06-25-2021, 02:13 AM