Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obama Decree Targets Gunsmiths and Online Firearm Information
They're mistaken if they think I give a rat's ass about State Department edicts. Hell, State can't even keep control of it's own goddamned classified info from the top down - why on Earth would I worry about them gigging me for mine, which is much better protected?

Did you know that PGP encryption was classified as a "weapon" when it first came out, and export was restricted? Well, there is MUCH better shit on the open market now, for free. I'm guessing that they intend to re-restrict encryption now under this edict, too (judging by Comey's random fits about the scourge of encryption).

Funny thing about governments - they think they can eliminate stuff they don't like by reclassifying it as something it isn't. For example, FDA recently re-classified the nuts, bolts, and batteries that make an e-cigarette as "tobacco", which they think they have a right to regulate. Last I checked, ATFE has sway over tobacco - that's the "T" in ATFE, and I'll believe that nuts, bolts, and batteries are "tobacco" when I see an FDA agent light some of them up and smoke 'em.

I'd pay good money to watch that, actually.

Same with this. I read the list, and the departments of government can't even get their heads together on what is defined as what in this edict, much less figure out who regulates what. If I'm reading it right, then merely putting blueprints or pictures of an SMG on the internets is the same as "exporting" them.

Good luck enforcing that, fellas. I hope you don't mind if I pop some popcorn to watch this show unfold. It looks like the Keystone Kops are gonna star in this one, playing a game of whack-a-mole.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama Decree Targets Gunsmiths and Online Firearm Information - by Ninurta - 08-19-2016, 12:56 AM