Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Doug Casey On The Shocking 2025 “Deagel” Forecast
(04-23-2021, 07:37 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Bio warfare is a huge roll of the dice.  One can't be certain the "bug" won't mutate and end up being just as lethal to one's own people as everyone else.  Once it is 'out there', the rules of nature dictate what happens.

Not only that, but if you can engineer a bioweapon to bypass your own population, your opponent can engineer one to TARGET that same population, using the same criteria you used to bypass it.

Quote:Casey makes good points, but I always pause when I read people defending Russia's actions regarding Ukraine.  Their core argument boils down to "Ukrainians don't have the right to self-determination".  So, if those making that argument are intellectually honest, then they should have no problem being owned lock, stock, and barrel by, say, the CCP in Beijing ... because self-determination is not something we have a right to.  Big, slippery slope there.  An extension of this idea is that, "really, all of central Europe (excluding, oddly, Germany) doesn't have the right to self determination, and what is NATO doing there, anyway?!" ... too many logical parts missing in this thinking, one of the biggest being the assumption that there can be no geopolitical change from the world as it existed in 1989.

I think, though, sadly, he is correct about the USA.  The wrong people seized power and the rest of the government sat on its collective asses and watched it happen without even raising an objection.

Cheers

Ukraine is in the Russian sphere of influence. Until the Soviet Union collapsed, it was part of that Union. While Ukraine does have a right to self determination, Russia has more business mucking around in it than, say for example, the US. It's not our neighbor as it is for Russia. last I read, though, Putin is backing off and recalling the massed troops on the border.

NATO is a strange beast to me. It was instituted to counter the Soviets, and when they disappeared, so did the need for NATO. I believe it has outlived it's remit. When they started admitting former Warsaw Pact nations into NATO, I raised an eyebrow,  but when they admitted TURKEY of all nations, I was flabbergasted. Do they not know how far Turkey is from the North Atlantic? And, as a NATO "ally", Turkey has acted decidedly against NATO interests, so I have to wonder why they haven't been kicked out, or why NATO itself has not been dissolved given the number of EU nations now sitting in it.

Whether or not the "wrong" people have seized thee US is, I suppose, a matter of one's perspective. There is a very vocal minority here who seem to think the "right" people have seized control. What I find most perplexing is the notion that the rest of the government sat on their COLLECTIVE asses... it's Collectivists who have seized power! And that is one of the main problems with individualism - collectives have the numbers to eat us individualists one by one unless we can find a way to make common cause against them than doesn't do violence to the concept of individualism.

I am aware of the Deagel problem because a few years ago I made a thread at TOS regarding a previous failed prediction they made. It was pretty far out there, too. They seem to do this when Collectivists are in power in the US, and that is one of the things that makes me think they are a propaganda outlet, promotion fear based "information" rather than a logical analysis.

Propaganda is propaganda, whether it is Right Wing or Left Wing. One is as dangerous as the other, and especially if they can't color within the lines of logic, they just end up making a bad situation worse.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doug Casey On The Shocking 2025 “Deagel” Forecast - by Ninurta - 04-23-2021, 07:58 PM