Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fine moments
Years ago a family member called me up and asked me to please take a kitten from a litter because she couldn't keep them. All she told me was that it was an orange mixed breed. Anyway, after much pleading on her part (because I wasn't supposed to have animals at my rental), I agreed to take a kitten. 

When I arrived to pick him up and saw him for the first time, my heart swelled with love immediately. I was so over-joyed to get this kitten for free. Most people pay big bucks for a cat like this. It even had the mix of Persian in it's face like the one below. It's face wasn't flat, but it didn't have the protruding nose like other cats have. 
This picture is closest to how he looked that I could find on the internet:

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.luvbat.com%2Fuploads...f=1&nofb=1]

I brought him home and then watched my husband fall in love with him too. He had never been a cat lover, but this one turned him around, and he's been a cat lover ever since. 
This cat brought us both so much love for the next 16.5 years he spent in our home, I can't begin to tell you. He was smart, understood English, met me at the door every morning as I came in from work, and slept at my feet in bed. 
He was one of a kind. 

When he was totally grown, he weighed 20 lbs. All our visitors oooed and awed over him when they came in; said he was the largest cat they'd ever seen! 
The picture below looks like he did as an adult cat, except he was orange and had greenish eyes. His fluffy tail made him the envy of all other cats. 

Today he rests on the hill behind our house. I put out new (fake) flowers on his grave every year. Some people may think this is ridiculous, but we both considered him just as much a member of the family as any human. He is deeply missed, but I will always cherish the love this little kitten brought into my life. 

[Image: fluffy-cat-on-street.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Fine moments - by F2d5thCav - 03-27-2021, 01:08 PM
RE: Fine moments - by Wallfire - 03-27-2021, 01:25 PM
RE: Fine moments - by 727Sky - 03-27-2021, 01:32 PM
RE: Fine moments - by Mystic Wanderer - 03-27-2021, 04:40 PM
RE: Fine moments - by PLOTUS - 03-27-2021, 04:52 PM