Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What was the Aten?
"As the only mediators between the Aten and people, Akhenaten and the royal family became far more important than the Priests of Amun."

Very interesting stuff. Definitely a power play and the various orders of priests definitely did not like it. Has led many to speculate all the ills that befell the gamily and the erasure of Akhenaten's efforts where a function of this. 

"Freud believed that Moses, which translates to “child” in Egyptian, may have been an Egyptian who followed the cult of Aten. In fact, he may have been Thutmose, who disappeared from the historical records, reappearing as the biblical Moses."

Thanks for that bit. I did not know that. Now I am wondering why I never heard about that. 

"Would they tell us if these people were "aliens"?  No, I don't think so."

I agree. They probably wouldn't. Side note: how would we even know it is alien DNA if we have nothing to compare it with? It would just look mostly human if some theorists are to be believed. 

"Although royalty had always been depicted in an unrealistic glorified form before, depictions of the royal family during this time were intimate and strangely realistic."

To put it bluntly, they were some weird looking humans. If not alien then some serious genetic issues. Royal inbreeding and what not. 

Messages In This Thread
What was the Aten? - by Mystic Wanderer - 03-09-2021, 10:12 PM
RE: What was the Aten? - by guohua - 03-09-2021, 11:23 PM
RE: What was the Aten? - by ABNARTY - 03-10-2021, 05:54 AM
RE: What was the Aten? - by Wallfire - 03-10-2021, 09:57 AM