Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allegory of The Cave
(02-13-2021, 07:42 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 03:36 PM)Kenzo Wrote: That Orwell quote seems quite true..

Yes " the world has gone mad, because the legacy media has driven it mad."  And many are ready to do even violence if they get too uneasy.

This twisted reality show they push everywhere has gone to so bad , that i feel like i should practice some sort of constant cancellation of information on my own mind level, like telling myself this might not represent truth at all. And try just focus my own mind and reject the compromised information flow. That is i gues what meditation can give, not that i really meditate consciously.

The constant compromised information flow sabotage minds, or can potentially sabotage...so it´s like air pollution that can potentially cause physical illness...cause and effect, causality.Yet not all are so worryed this emotional pollution like they are with air pollution..

I wish i could meditate like some Budhist monk, getting my mind out form here, even for a short trip...just completely shutdown this twisted World out from my head.

What a mess... tinyhuh

We are all products of our environment, and our thoughts are products of our evaluation of our intellectual and informational environments. Our thoughts and opinions are informed, influenced, and even created by the information we are able to gain from our surroundings.

In Orwell's "1984", the purpose of the NewSpeak project was to mold the language such that some information could not be conveyed. Words were changed in meaning, some words were deleted from vocabulary, and yet other words were newly created to convey certain concepts. The desired end result was to mold not just opinion, but individual thought itself - to make certain thoughts not approved by The Party literally "unthinkable", unable to be even thought of or conceived. That was accomplished by molding thought, and information that could be conveyed, by molding the language itself.

In short, by controlling the information an individual received, the end goal was to control what they were able to think, or even conceive of. To that end, language was changed to reflect only those things The Party approved of for individual thought. No other information could be disseminated if the project reached completion.

I can see that happening now, around us, with the changes and violence the Left is seeking to wreak on our language. Now words that never existed before, like "cisgender" (because "transgender" must necessarily have a counterpoint), new meanings for already existent words, like the new definitions for "racist" to mean "white conservative" popping out of the woodwork (which of course makes the term "racist" itself now racist, since it singles out a particular race now - the new definitions actually specify that no race other than white can be "racist"), and old words that have existed for centuries now being censored out of existence.

The goal appears to me to be a Brave New World that is kinder and gentler to Marxism by removing even the ability to think in any way other than Marxist. Not just counter to Marxist thought, but any way that is NOT Marxist, whether counter to it or not.

Some folks call this "political correctness", and it has been going on for quite a long time, before there even WAS such a concept. Marxists, just like Christians, have used their own peculiar sort of vocabulary comprehensible only to their "in-group" ever since there have been Marxists. Christians have been doing the same thing, which annoys me to no end. I don't go to church specifically because of the alienation that peculiar use of language engenders. I'm not "one of them" if I can't speak like one of them, and I butcher my language for no one.

I think perhaps the best advice my dad ever gave me was this: "believe NOTHING that you hear, and only half of what you SEE."

So, in conclusion, I see the Legacy Media as akin to the people on the walkway throwing the shadows, and the NewSpeak language being created before our very eyes as the shadows themselves, the only informational input the observers are being allowed to consider in the formulation of their thoughts and opinions.

Welcome to 1984.

Well said, 1984 is here ...I stopped watching TV years back because could not watch it...and even listening radio talk is often something i dont want to.

It look to me that they are also modifying the environment by broadcasting dumb stuff on TV and radio....so like they remove intelligent content and replace it with very dumb content, and they do it on purpose.  This then effect peoples mind in negative way.

That`s good advise   "believe NOTHING that you hear, and only half of what you SEE."

Messages In This Thread
Allegory of The Cave - by Kenzo - 02-12-2021, 04:08 PM
RE: Allegory of The Cave - by guohua - 02-12-2021, 05:06 PM
RE: Allegory of The Cave - by Kenzo - 02-12-2021, 05:17 PM
RE: Allegory of The Cave - by Mystic Wanderer - 02-12-2021, 05:54 PM
RE: Allegory of The Cave - by Kenzo - 02-12-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: Allegory of The Cave - by OmegaLogos - 02-12-2021, 06:06 PM
RE: Allegory of The Cave - by Kenzo - 02-12-2021, 06:51 PM
RE: Allegory of The Cave - by Kenzo - 02-13-2021, 06:11 PM
RE: Allegory of The Cave - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 02-12-2021, 06:29 PM
RE: Allegory of The Cave - by Kenzo - 02-12-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Allegory of The Cave - by Ninurta - 02-12-2021, 06:51 PM