Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some Music I am Beginning to Relate To
(02-13-2021, 04:50 AM)kdog Wrote: I'm jealous !

Ex wife got rid of my computer and music I had. And it was a massive collection. 

But, I still have the memories and streaming services.

All I have is a mobile hot spot with limited data, so no streaming services for me. That's part of the reason I made it like I did. I have a bunch of movies in there too, ripped from DVDs. Now I can watch them on my laptop and plug it into the big flat screen. My own personal Netflix.

I did just get a cell phone signal repeater that boosts the signal to the mobile hot spot (making it more reliable) so that it can be used by the security cameras to live stream on my cell phone app where ever I go. The alarm on the cams can alert my phone, so I can view them if they go off. If I merely check the cams once and a while, it won't kill my data too quickly.

The router, even though it's not connected to a modem, still makes a private wireless LAN the cams use. Because the router is plugged into GERRWEES via an ethernet cable, it can connect to both the wireless LAN and the hot spot connection to the internet at the same time. That way my private network is accessible online, something I need to explore more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Music I am Beginning to Relate To - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 02-13-2021, 07:26 AM