Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Green Mosquitoes. I am going mad.
G'day guys,

Big storm passing over presently and tried to post this a while ago.  Was quite warm here.  39C. which is about 102F.  Humid,  Me and 'True Love' got into the splash pool this last afternoon.  Watching the storm approaching.

Caveat :- I have a reaction to insect bites.  Not a bad reaction but I can feel the buggers bite.  I lump up and itch but basically ignore it.  I have "Barmah Forrest Virus" in my system from Mosquitoes.  Hate them, fleas, midgy's, sandflies.

So anyway, the weirdest thing.  We (true love and I) had spent some time in the heat working.  Sweating later in the afternoon we hit our little splash pool to rinse and cool off.  So I had my Cougar Bourbon, some tobacco and commenced to roll a smoke.  I felt a bite on my right upper arm.  I'm rolling a smoke and looked at the blighter, more than once.  It was a mozzie but light green with parts that were transparent.   Instinctively I went 'whack' letting got of the rolly smoke with my left hand.  'Bugger' I thought.  'That was a strange mosquito' went through my mind.  'Nek Minnut' a bite on my upper left arm, same thing, green, nearly translucent mozzie.  I could see this one had picked up a bit of blood.  Smoke in the mouth I slapped it.  The thing crushed up against the skin and turned to a brown - green color.  Bit of a blot.  

I said to 'truey' "look at that."  She said, 'that looks like green tobacco.'   I says, 'Nah, Bullshit, it was a mozzie that bit me.'  And sure enough within a minute the bites lumped up and I was scratching both bite marks.  So we had a conversation about 'green see through mozzies."  And again, on cue,  I got bit again on my chest.  This time I grabbed the bugger and showed the missus between 2 fingers.  It was a mozzie.  A very light green and 'see through' in parts.  Tough bugger too.  Like it had an exoskeleton.  The legs were brittle.  I said to 'truey' , "Get yer camera (Phone).  Sadly by the time she had started exiting the splash pool the thing broke it's legs off and 'be blowed'  flew away.  This was one of those WTF moments. 

So, I thought I'd post this here first on RN3.  I'll be out tomorrow evening.  I have never, ever, seen a mozzie like this and I've been to the four corners of Australia.  To me, it's a new breed and I'm still lumped up and scratching.

Damnit!!!

Kind regards,

Bally:)

Messages In This Thread
Green Mosquitoes. I am going mad. - by Bally002 - 01-15-2021, 10:47 AM
RE: Green Mosquitoes. I am going mad. - by gordi - 01-15-2021, 11:19 AM
RE: Green Mosquitoes. I am going mad. - by 727Sky - 01-16-2021, 06:05 AM
RE: Green Mosquitoes. I am going mad. - by guohua - 01-17-2021, 01:21 AM
RE: Green Mosquitoes. I am going mad. - by kdog - 01-17-2021, 02:59 AM
RE: Green Mosquitoes. I am going mad. - by ChiefD - 09-30-2021, 04:21 AM
RE: Green Mosquitoes. I am going mad. - by guohua - 09-30-2021, 06:04 AM
RE: Green Mosquitoes. I am going mad. - by 727Sky - 09-30-2021, 03:49 PM