Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE
I joined ATS in 2012. I was addicted immediately. I couldn't wait to get home from work to read the threads. I'd get up an hour early just to have time to check things out before getting ready to leave for work.

I made MANY threads on the paranormal, UFOs, and mostly all "fringe" topics. People responded to my threads in droves, and I became well known by people searching out those topics.

It was great while it lasted, but when they (ATS) said they would charge people who didn't accept ads, everyone started leaving, others got booted off for little reason. Things started sliding downhill very quickly from that point. Most all the people I called friends were gone.
I went through withdrawals; that's the closest description I can call it.

Then, later, a new site for all those who left ATS was formed: Hernando's Hideaway. That was a good site for a long time. Then it split and half the people there left to come to Rogue Nation.  I stayed on both sites for a while, but eventually landed here full time.
There were also a couple of others sites that branched off too, but they only lasted a short time. Good sites, but they never could get enough people to stick it out and keep their sites going.
Rogue Nation has lasted through it all, and I'm still here.

I'm happy to hear that ATS will survive. I have so many threads there that are pure gold and took me through a journey that I don't want to lose in my memory. It's like my journal for 2012 up until just a few years ago. Losing that would be like losing a part of myself.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by drussell41 - 12-12-2020, 04:45 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by drussell41 - 12-12-2020, 07:11 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Mystic Wanderer - 12-12-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Wallfire - 12-13-2020, 12:50 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Wallfire - 12-13-2020, 02:27 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Wallfire - 12-13-2020, 05:17 PM