Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE
Change is a part of life. ATS is not the place I joined in 2009, but I sure as hell am not the same person I was back then either. 

In life you grow with some things, and with some things you grow apart.

My very first attempt at humor at ATS got me shot down and eaten alive by Phage. It took me a little while to recover, and to be brave enough to post again. 

Trying to find my voice and someone that wanted to listen, never happened for me at ATS. I soon learned to post to the lurker, because I have never, ever, done well in groups. My dry humor, the need to speak my mind, along with my adversion to cliches and entourages, made me invisible at ATS.

I thank ATS for helping me learn, grow, and for putting a couple of layers on my skin. I was warned early on by a mod, that if I was going to post on ATS, I was going to have to develop a thick skin. It angered me at the time, but I learned he was right. He also warned me that I would never collect a lot of stars and flags because of my writing style and my centrist and non political stance. He was right again, but as is evident from the Hall of Fame, at ATS, where I rank at the near bottom, which I accept with pride, as I have never posted in search of stars and flags, so I didn't get many.

If ATS lives, it will do well with those that like what it has developed into. Because it is where a lot of us got our training wheels, we will still frequent and lurk. 

I can't help but feel some sense of nostalgia with ATS, there are a lot of people that I liked that are not there as much anymore, or have been swallowed into the void. They have a couple of mods that tried to hold firm, but I watched even some of the mods get sucked up.

It is not ATS that is the problem. It is us. We changed. For better or worse, we are the disease that wrecked ATS.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 12-12-2020, 02:04 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by drussell41 - 12-12-2020, 04:45 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by drussell41 - 12-12-2020, 07:11 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Wallfire - 12-13-2020, 12:50 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Wallfire - 12-13-2020, 02:27 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Wallfire - 12-13-2020, 05:17 PM