Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When The Left Divorces The Right
(11-23-2020, 04:18 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:  I am just so glad we found it out, before my doctor misdiagnosed me, and tried to put me on medications.

No kidding.   I came to the conclusion several years ago that if I didn't know what was wrong with me, neither would they.   And they can cause genuine harm with misdiagnosis.

I'm not alone in this thought.   I spoke to my husband about it.   Independently, he, several of his friends, and some family members had all come to the conclusion.  

I just really don't trust them any more, after a dermatology misadventure than ruined my life for about 6 months, two iatrogenic injuries, a nearly fatal nosocomial and then admission to a MRSA ward because I hadn't "Proven" I wasn't carrying it.   I proved it within a month after leaving that hospital AMA.   They were going to expose me again.   "If at first you don't succeed (at killing a patient), try, try again", I guess.  Anyway, while some health care providers are incredible, there are many others--and particularly the whole thing as a system--that could not care less if a patient lives or dies.  Add to the above physicians ripping off their masks mid procedure, nurses dropping pills on floors and expecting you to take them after they blow on them to "clean" them.....  geez, "just stay TF away from me" is pretty much my position now.   I interact with them as little as possible now, often doing a "watchful waiting" on anything new that comes up.   Yep, may cost me if it's something time critical.   Don't care, as interacting with the medical community could easily cost me unnecesary suffering and risk as well.  I've had it with their patronizing, apathetic ineptitude.

BTW, I've had nurses and physicians whom I'll never forget because of their care, kindness, dedication and skill. They're just sadly very much in the minority.

I'm just so glad you had your eyes checked first. I'm sure some unnecesary psych med would have been in your future otherwise.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When The Left Divorces The Right - by ABNARTY - 11-23-2020, 03:33 AM
RE: When The Left Divorces The Right - by drussell41 - 11-23-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: When The Left Divorces The Right - by PLOTUS - 11-23-2020, 03:05 PM