Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To be clear Christianity verses Islam
(10-18-2020, 11:14 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Christianity, Judaism, and even Islam are too diverse within themselves to lump under a single catch-all heading for each. For example, I cannot figure out why people keep referring to Revelations as a playbook for "end times" - everything in it came to pass in the First Century AD. It's done, there is no more to fulfill.

I have also always been under the impression that Roman Catholicism began in 325 AD with the Council of Nicaea's confirmation of a "Trinity" heresy under Roman Emperor Constantine, making it official rather than heretical... but I reckon if one God is good, three gods must be better? Never mind the utter lack of Biblical support for such a doctrine - the RCC did an end run around that by adding "traditions" as authoritative right along side the scriptures. Now, if you want to change God's mind, all you have to do is start a new doctrine, and in a few years it will be "tradition" and therefore authoritative and unassailable in RCC terms.

Likewise, Judaism and Islam are fully fractured and factional. Just as "Christians" were killing each other off during the Inquisition and Reformation, Islam now has warring factions - if these, Christian and Muslim alike, were at all similar or worshipping the same God, why would they so energetically be trying to kill one another off at various points in their history?

Nope, I don't look to the Bible, the Torah, or the Qur'an for a roadmap to "end times" - none of them speak on the matter at any sort of useful length. I think the general idea is that one is supposed to be ready for "end time" at any given instant, for the end can come to any of us without thought and unexpectedly...

... like a thief in the night.

Hear, hear....we are the gods and the choice of how any of this plays out is now and always has been in OUR hands. Responsibility, Power and Destiny lie in the hands of those willing to yield them. If there's a trinity, those make up its composition.
internet Agent Provocateur

Messages In This Thread
To be clear Christianity verses Islam - by PLOTUS - 10-18-2020, 05:03 PM
RE: To be clear Christianity verses Islam - by Wallfire - 10-18-2020, 05:56 PM
RE: To be clear Christianity verses Islam - by Antisthenes - 10-18-2020, 11:24 PM