Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My struggle with depression
I've had some depressive moods due to all this, seems like I'm pretty much over it now. My biggest deal is trying to get a bunch of stuff done around the house. One thing I wanted to get to was remodeling the kitchen. I've have it planned for a long time, even have a materials list and what it will cost. But I can't get to that major deal until I get a metal shed put up, but I couldn't get that done until I tore down the old shed (a repurposed hen house I made like 15 years ago). Then I have to level that area (just about there).

Plus there is the garden, stacking firewood, regular yard work like mowing the grass, etc. The list only gets bigger, and of course, my pick-up that I need to get materials is on the fritz. My repair guy has done a number of things, all good, but now it's running so badly it can't be driven and I'm quickly running out of funds so that the kitchen may not get done until I find another job. Once I'm back to work, I won't have the time. An endless cycle that puts the brakes on everything I try to get done it seems.

Add on to all that, I have no health insurance, made too much money to get medicaid and can't afford to buy into a policy. I'm not in the best condition for all this hard physical labor after an accident I had 5 years ago, so I have to take it slow to avoid the hospital as that would destroy me financially. In addition, I've developed tennis elbow and have to go even easier so that doesn't get worse and require a doctor or some procedure.

Yeah, this all sucks, but I am not investing too much emotion into it. Not so with my GF. She's in a depressive mood from the slow pace I'm taking along with stupid things like her dog peeing on the rug. This has her crying and going back to bed this morning, won't even talk about it, not like she will listen to me without getting irate and starting an argument anyhow (due to her depressive mood).

All I can do is keep at it, try not to hurt myself and hope I get done before the snow flies. The money will run out soon if I keep giving her money and have to keep paying the bills. God forbid her vehicle needs repairs, that would destroy us. I'm hoping we have at least a few months cash to get by on, at least until the elections are over and we see what shit storm that brings. Not going to get any unemployment as I quit my old job doing custodial work at a local school. I was right though, now that school is back in session for a few weeks, there is a new outbreak in town. I can't afford to get the CORVID and I don't want the complications if I survive coming down with it.

At least the property taxes are paid and I should get a decent tax return. I registered a home business in January and intend on using every deduction I can to get a federal return. Last year the feds charged me two dollars! The state returns were OK though. The propane tank is full and I have enough fire wood for the whole season. In many ways I'm in pretty good shape this winter, she just can't seem to count our blessing like I do though.

Bottom line is we are all having a tough time of it. I can't say what might bring us out of this funk, but I don't see a pretty future on the horizon. Keep on keeping on I guess and hope no major event happens to our perilous situation.

Messages In This Thread
My struggle with depression - by ChiefD - 09-20-2020, 01:31 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by beez - 09-20-2020, 01:42 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by Moonmagic - 09-20-2020, 02:06 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by PLOTUS - 09-20-2020, 03:08 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by Finspiracy - 09-20-2020, 04:15 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by drussell41 - 09-20-2020, 06:42 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by F2d5thCav - 09-20-2020, 07:29 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by gordi - 09-20-2020, 08:54 AM
RE: My struggle with depression - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 09-20-2020, 02:20 PM
RE: My struggle with depression - by ChiefD - 09-20-2020, 09:10 PM
RE: My struggle with depression - by guohua - 09-21-2020, 08:41 PM