Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scientists left baffled by reports of orca 'attacks,' call reports 'highly unusual'
(09-14-2020, 01:10 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I personally think they are beautiful, but I've always wondered if there was more to the nickname "killer whale" than we've been led to believe.

Was doing a dry suit dive on Dead Man's Wall.  An orca snuck up from behind and lifted me up about 80 feet before I even knew what was going on and got off the 'elevator'.

You'd be surprised at how intelligent and playful ocean critters actually are.  I've only seen 'em get aggressive when they're feeding or you're in some area they don't want you to be in.  A test bite from a huge animal can be fatal for a soft and weak human.

Rule of thumb: If you can fit whole inside the belly of something in the ocean ... you are in danger.  Think of schools of fish as a single entity.  Otherwise, enjoy being wet!!
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientists left baffled by reports of orca 'attacks,' call reports 'highly unusual' - by Snarl - 09-14-2020, 03:58 AM