Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Netflix "Cuties" Backlash
(09-12-2020, 05:43 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I think the movie was allowed to be made because it served the purpose of many. Hardcore pedophiles, many of them prefer innocence, youth, weakness, and the childlike. The young girls portrayed in the movie are the ones that have been taught that sexuality gives them power.  It also provides the men with an excuse,  because they are the ones being seduced and they can claim they didn't know the child was underage.

Unfortunately parents have been programmed and conditioned to separate thier minds from reality when it comes to their own children. 

I deal with parents regularly that can see all the faults in other people's children but see none of the neon flashing issues in their own children.

While some want to believe this is solely an issue that is being exploited by Hollywood or Netflix, it is what has become the norm in our society. Young girls are not innocent little ladies, taught to respect themselves and others, they are confused young minds that are taught that beauty, money, and fame are worth the selling of their souls and bodies. 

Young girls believe the most intimate act that lovers share, is an insignificant act that doesn't even qualify as sex, and they hand out oral gratification like they would a handshake.

This is unbelievable to the older generation. Hell, I am so old that I had to have a chaperone anytime I was in the company of a suitor. Today our children are being dropped off by parents at malls and other gatherings where the parents "know" damn well what is going on, but have deluded themselves to believe that every other child in the mix are undisciplined, borderline criminal brats. All except their child.

A simple question such as, "Did your child leave home dressed like that?" Is enough for the the flood gates to open, and for me to realize that the parent, is aware of their child's over sexualization, and has a compiled list of excuses about their child's rights. One right that always seems to be missing, is the right to have a parent that provides, protects, teaches, and disciplines.

This movie is disturbing to me is not becauae of the content. While disturbing, it is raw, and in your face, pure truth of what is going on in our society. At least they made the girls 11 and above. I have seen it much worse in girls ages 9 and 10. In fact I know a child personally that was 9 years old and was arranging hook-ups with the aide of the internet. 

The mother was a hard working single Mom that worked ridiculous hours to give her children whatever they wanted, expect for the one they they truly needed.

The most disturbing thing for me in this movie was that there was no true identification of the problems shown. No light at the end of the trouble, just another mother standing up for her child and making excuses. 

The child actually seemed to have a better grasp of reality than the mother, much like in the real world, and why it is so disturbing. Real truth usually is.

@"NightskyeB4Dawn",  very well said.  I agree. 

It's a different world today than when I grew up. I'm so glad I don't have children to raise in this mess, not even a grandchild. I'm sure the peer pressure they face to do certain things is overwhelming. But, once again, this is where good parenting is needed. Allowing the internet to be their babysitter has created all kinds of problems for our youth.

What ever happened to those devices with parental controls?   minusculethinking

Messages In This Thread
Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by Mystic Wanderer - 09-10-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by xuenchen - 09-10-2020, 11:24 PM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by ABNARTY - 09-11-2020, 02:28 AM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by MisterSpock - 09-11-2020, 07:41 AM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by MisterSpock - 09-11-2020, 07:43 AM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by drussell41 - 09-11-2020, 09:42 AM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by PLOTUS - 09-13-2020, 05:32 PM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by Mystic Wanderer - 09-12-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by drussell41 - 09-12-2020, 03:18 PM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by Wallfire - 09-13-2020, 11:28 AM