Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Dollar General Scaming People
i use the  Dollar General about a mile down the road as sorta super convince store. i go there when we need something and i don't want to go to a grocery store or department store.

most times i wind up spending 20 bucks or more. when i do i always use my debit card. i carry cash and always try to have at least 60 dollars in my wallet. but i don't spend it on purchases over 20 bucks, i use the debit card.

well about 2 months ago when the coin shortage started making the news, i noticed that this one had put up signs saying sorry we have no pennies. didn't seem to odd to me until today.

i stopped there to buy a soda for a short road trip i was making, cause all the other convince stores along the way were across the main  4 lane road drag and traffic on this rd on sunday can get pretty bad because it's a cut through that saves about 15 miles between two cities and counties.

as i was standing in line i got to thinking about the what the cost would be with tax and i didn't have any change. then i got to thinking about all the other convince stores on this road which there are about 8 chain stores, a small full line Piggly Wiggly grocery store about the size of dollar general, BP, Shell, Tom Thumb, Texaco and a couple of Mom and Pop stores that always have change even when there was a shortage alert.

so i was standing there checked my pockets no change, so i decided to tell them that i didn't have any pennies, got to the register to check out and the 20oz coca cola came to 2.03, i told them i didn't have any pennies either. the cashier asked if i had any other change or another dollar, i told her i had no change and i wasn't going to give her another dollar so she could give me 95 cents back and take a nickle for a 3 cent balance. she freaked, started running back and forth from each cashier and then finally called the manger which is a woman i grew up with.

she said that i would have to give them a nickle or a dollar and get .95 cents back. i told her that i wasn't going to do that and if she didn't let me have it then my shadow would never darken their door again. she knew i came in quite often so she went ahead and let me have the soda for 2 bucks. when i got out to the truck looked in the ashtray and had some change so i took the 3 pennies in to her and went on my way.

on the way home as i passed the Dollar General i got to wondering if all the Dollar Generals were doing this. so i went past my turn for our rd and went to the other Dollar General about five miles away. went in and sure enough they had a sign up saying the same thing.

now i don't know if it's nation wide for all their stores or just this district stores, but if it's nation wide just imagine the money their conning people out of every day,week and month. i know just a few pennies for a person doesn't sound like much. but for the thousand of people they maybe taking it from, it could add up. they could get up to .04 cents a person with just pennies. then what if they say sorry we have no pennies, nickels, then add dimes and quarters. see what i'm saying.

Messages In This Thread
Is Dollar General Scaming People - by hounddoghowlie - 08-31-2020, 02:25 AM
RE: Is Dollar General Scaming People - by ChiefD - 08-31-2020, 02:38 AM
RE: Is Dollar General Scaming People - by Snarl - 08-31-2020, 04:51 AM
RE: Is Dollar General Scaming People - by Snarl - 08-31-2020, 05:25 AM
RE: Is Dollar General Scaming People - by Snarl - 08-31-2020, 05:39 AM
RE: Is Dollar General Scaming People - by PLOTUS - 08-31-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: Is Dollar General Scaming People - by Snarl - 08-31-2020, 05:21 PM