Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
nuclear-waste fueled diamond batteries could last thousands of years
(08-31-2020, 12:28 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:20 AM)guohua Wrote: @"727Sky" 
Quote:Can you imagine what the normal battery makers would do when a replacement is not needed for 100s or 1000s of years ?

Yes, the inventor would be a Suicide/Murder and this Great Revolutionary Battery would disappear.

I have an uncle who worked at a place that did R+D on energy devices. He told me, back in 1979, that they had developed a battery the size of a car battery that would power a city of 750,000 for 5 years, Mysteriously, that battery never hit the market, and it would have made a fortune for the developers.

Some one else made it go dark.

Regarding this power source, using spent nuclear fuel, I have my doubts that I would want to use a cell phone powered by one. I mean, cell phones go right next to your head, where your brain lives, you know?

I do Believe your Uncle.
The other problem with anything Nuclear is how to dispose of the product when you are finished with it or it is lost, imagine throwing it in your trash can and off to the Dump it goes, what was the Half Life of this Battery?
Or lost in a river, lake or ocean.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
RE: nuclear-waste fueled diamond batteries could last thousands of years - by guohua - 08-31-2020, 06:05 PM