Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Extreme grief, and beyond.
One of my best friends, a woman I have known al my adult life had lost her son just three months ago ..... from an accidental overdose of fentonal laced opiates. That is, if you can call it accidental, certainly it was surely criminal at least. But the son aged at 39 did have to gamble that he was getting un-adulterated opiates. In life he was an excelent film grafics person adept at all sorts of special effects. The likes of movies such as .....

Visual effects (11 credits)
 2016/I
Passengers (digital compositor)
Underworld: Blood Wars (stereo artist: Legend 3D)
Doctor Strange (visual effects artist)
Ben-Hur (visual effects artist)
Pete's Dragon (stereo compositor)
Warcraft (visual effects artist)
 2015/II
The Walk (stereo compositor: Legend 3D)
Pan (stereo compositor)
Poltergeist (stereo compositor: Legend 3D)
The Divergent Series: Insurgent (stereo compositor: Legend 3D)
The Pacific (TV Mini-Series) (visual effects assistant - 1 episode)

Never the less he was a victim as so many in Hollywood are who aspire to the top in the industry. His failed marriage, his lonesome nights, his drinking to wash away the pain of losing most of what was precious to him, and ultimately his life.

Leaving an X, his mother and sister, and his dad who actually facilitated buying the drugs on the street. Ultimately both junkies. There's no elegant way of saying it. I knew him from birth and followed his growth to adulthood.

He is gone now, and I have no words for it, no feelings or sympathy for him, but his mother and sister are the ones left holding to memories and unimaginable grief. We speak every couple days, the mother and I and I try to call her often while she feels abandoned by family and friends, and in reality has been left to live the grief, her and her daughter. I try my best to call and listen and cry at times with her, but also to be strong for them, but it is so difficult a thing to do every day  or two. Yet I care about them as I would if they were family. In a sense they are, me as an 18 year old from then till now.

As time passes I ocassionally find a video that is comforting, but I seldom go that route, I speak  live, no video, my thoughts. But I did find this one small paragraph I had seen and heard on a video about the Urantia Book 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R4DRaF48MM

I wrote this also in an email hoping to calm the angst and dirrect the grief towards rejoicing. Though there was some slight difference.

I am ehausted with the grief, though I know they are destroyed, but I an holding on to what influence I can give and put forth, though you and I know nothing could be enough to wash the scales of grief from their eyes......... I will continue, but it's so hard, my head feels empty. I think of his work on Ben Hur and it takes me to Cecil B. DeMille's masterpiece where Moses speaks to God and says I am no speaker, and God assures Moses that He will give him the words.

I know this is long winded, but you my new and (old previous) friends are important to me and no matter the topic we find a common ground and agreement, a very un-common thing these days. Thanks for indulging me and listening/reading............... Plotus aka Rich

Messages In This Thread
Extreme grief, and beyond. - by PLOTUS - 08-12-2020, 07:01 PM
RE: Extreme grief, and beyond. - by Bally002 - 08-12-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: Extreme grief, and beyond. - by Sol - 08-12-2020, 08:08 PM
RE: Extreme grief, and beyond. - by guohua - 08-12-2020, 08:14 PM
RE: Extreme grief, and beyond. - by PLOTUS - 10-03-2020, 08:11 PM
RE: Extreme grief, and beyond. - by ancientlight - 04-19-2022, 08:21 AM
RE: Extreme grief, and beyond. - by PLOTUS - 10-03-2020, 08:17 PM
RE: Extreme grief, and beyond. - by Finspiracy - 10-04-2020, 03:58 AM
RE: Extreme grief, and beyond. - by Sol - 10-04-2020, 12:16 PM
RE: Extreme grief, and beyond. - by ChiefD - 10-04-2020, 02:30 AM
RE: Extreme grief, and beyond. - by Wallfire - 10-04-2020, 10:08 AM