Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gympie Gympie - Australia's most painful plant
(08-07-2020, 03:32 AM)guohua Wrote: YUP, Black Widow Spiders are common here in the warmer months but the stay in the dark areas of Garages or attics and you have to pick it up to get one to bite you, my husband has done numerous times, it doesn't hurt him at all never has he just picks them out of the web drops them and steps down.
The centipede is found deep under rocks and old stumps and stuff like that in the summer, you normally find them while searching old washes for gold or going into old mines.
YUP!
Husband again has one hanging from the fleshy part of his hand below the little finger.
Lots and lots of pain, he just rips it off and the head was still there, so he pulled the head off of his hand.
The pain was really bad so we stopped working the claim. The pain was like a Red Hot Poker on a Nerve he said. I made an Herbal paste for his hand. That night his hand did swell up in the morning while drinking coffee and eating bacon and eggs, his hand was just fine.
There are plants in the desert that can be crushed and used to dull the pain and other systems.

I HATE Jellyfish, stinging little bastards, remind me of fire ants.
Did you gather the 'herbs' for the paste on the spot (right where/when he was bitten)...or did you use herbs from your own stash?

I watched a special within the last 10-15 years of the black widows out and about at night (warm - maybe really hot weather)...and the people couldn't take a step on their sidewalk/driveway without stepping on the little buggers.
That may have been an exceptional occasion (and used, at the time, to support the notion that global warming/climate change was the culprit behind the mass hysterical behavior - in other words...their spidey senses were off)...and I think the location was "Scottsdale".

Prospecting has always held a genuine fascination for me.

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gympie Gympie - Australia's most painful plant - by Minstrel - 08-07-2020, 06:14 AM