Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When I was 19, I joined the army and....
Thank you for your service @"Plotus", and anyone else here who has served.

My brother served in Vietnam. He was one of the first to go in on the ground to survey the area; a very dangerous mission. I prayed hard for him everyday, along with the rest of my family.
When he came home, my mother and grandmother cried tears of joy at the airport. It was a time I'll never forget.

He and the others never received a welcome home celebration like the other war vets. He said that bothered him more than he let on.
Finally, just a few years ago, all the old Vietnam Vets were flown to Washington DC to a service there thanking them in the proper way. When they returned to the airport in their hometowns, they were greeted with cheering crowds and waving flags awaiting them.

They were finally given the appreciation they deserved. It brought tears to many eyes. It should have been done all those years ago. So many died before ever receiving their "thank you for your service".  I'm glad my brother received his.

Those words are so important, and I say it from my heart once again, "Thank you for your service".   minusculebeercheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: When I was 19, I joined the army and.... - by Wallfire - 08-03-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: When I was 19, I joined the army and.... - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-03-2020, 05:06 PM