Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It was only a few. . . . . .
(08-04-2020, 03:44 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 04:46 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Again, the question is "how"? How do you propose these "men who want to be left alone" convince Collectivists to leave them alone short of killing the collectivists when they have made it very clear they are unwilling to butt out of running other folks' lives? I'm all ears, would love a sane solution that does not involve taking them out one by one as they attack. No one WANTS to kill them, and no sane person WANTS to go to war, but once they have made it clear that nothing short of ending them will keep them from coming for you, what is the solution to convince them otherwise without putting them down for a dirt-nap?

I'm all ears, waiting for another solution to distribute.

I can't give you the answer you request, because I don't know how you think this is going to play out, I can share what I am seeing and experiencing on a personal level, and it is going to end up being a win for those that have created the issues in the first place.

I was one of those “men who want to be left alone”, though I am a women. I moved out to the woods around twenty years ago, because I needed space from people. My job brought me too close to people in a very complex way, so I needed space to just be free of the noise and the complexities. It was an added benefit that I was also ditching a persistent enemy that I had made in Code Enforcement. No code enforcement in the woods, back then. Now? Welcome to the land of the system takes all.

The first five years were great. First time visitors used to call it a hidden paradise. It was inspiring, and other made the move. It did not take long before the prices of the land started to go up. We thought this was a good thing, until the people that where building houses in the area built homes that valued in the millions. When our taxes went from five hundred dollars a year to over thirteen thousand a year, we realized we were in trouble. Many lost their homes, and those of us that could hold on suffered.

I have watched the world slowly creep in on us. We became proactive and we became political. We backed a guy that we knew would keep his finger in the dyke and hold off the breech. We were stupid, and didn't realize how stupid until we found out the guy had taken a two million dollar bribe. Him going to prison did nothing to correct the mess that already had been started. Then the dyke burst. We are now fighting not to be gobbled up by a newly established city that would have not been able to exist, if it were not for the illegal crap that was done under the table. We can't even fight it because they gave us a scapegoat by sending the official to prison. We are all struggling a bit to hold on to our homesteads and I believed the only reason we were holding on was because we found our strength in each other. But now they have released the Kraken.

Last month one of my neighbors went to a local store, she was verbally attacked for not following the arrows on the floor. A couple of weeks ago a group of pick-ups flying the American flags were driving around the parking lots of a local stores, while yelling, “Build that wall!” “Build that wall!” Last week another neighbor was abused because a man felt she was not socially distancing enough, in his opinion. He yelled and cursed at her. She said she was paralyzed with shock. She said she followed the arrows, the store aisle are small, and she had waited for him to move, but when he kept standing in one place for what she said was a long time, she just dared to walk pass him. She said he was so purple in the face and angry that there is no doubt in her mind or the others in the store, that if he had had a gun, he would have shot them all. This is White folk attacking White folk.

Keep in mind this is the country. People are known to be jackasses and “hold my beer” folk, but you never would expect this kind of volatile behavior from sane country people. This I attribute to too much nonproductive time spent indoors at the altar of the toxic internet.

I understand why people are angry and why they feel frustrated. I even understand why they are falling for the pitch, and taking the bait. It makes them think they are doing something, and it makes them feel they are being warriors against a system that has taken so much from them. I even understand why they may feel killing the enemy is the only solution. The problem is they have misidentified the enemy.

The enemy has been controlling us for several centuries. They know where all the Easter eggs are, the made the walk-thru. Sure we can kill each other but if we do, we all lose.

The only way to win is for enough of us not to play the game, but they already have so many of us willing to lock ourselves into gilded cages, that our chances of pulling that off is slim to none. Regardless of how much the truth is distributed, our basic desire for familiarity and comfort, will overwhelm our sense of reality and commonsense.

I so relate to your story since I had an exoerience much the same as yours, Dawn. It's all heartbreaking as it seems there is nowhere to hide any longer. J

internet Agent Provocateur

Messages In This Thread
It was only a few. . . . . . - by beez - 08-02-2020, 05:24 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Snarl - 08-03-2020, 02:32 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Ninurta - 08-04-2020, 04:46 AM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Antisthenes - 08-04-2020, 05:34 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Antisthenes - 08-04-2020, 06:15 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by xuenchen - 08-02-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Antisthenes - 08-02-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by beez - 08-02-2020, 09:10 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Antisthenes - 08-02-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by beez - 08-02-2020, 09:20 PM