Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It was only a few. . . . . .
(08-03-2020, 03:38 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Why do we let it get to the point where our only excuse is, I was "forced to take up violence, and to fight with unholy vengeance against those who murdered our former lives"?

If we value our way of life so much, why do we not stop it from reaching the point where the solutions are restricted and controlled by others. The men that want to be left alone are being unrealistic when they live on a planet with billions of people. The best the men that want to be left alone can hope for, is a brief time in isolation, but the world will continue to go on, and will eventually catch up with them. I am sure killing a few people before you are dragged back into a world that you tried to hide from, before you die yourself, has no benefit and provides no solace.

You seem not to comprehend - the "men who want to be left alone".... want to be left alone! It's not a matter of anyone "dragging them back into a world" they don't want, folks are not leaving them alone! Two very different things. Still, I think an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so how do you propose they convince folks to mind their own business and stop not leaving them alone?

You're right in saying that killing folks has no solace, but it will sure as hell keep them from not leaving you alone in the future. I know of no other way to convince them, but am open to suggestions for a methodology. Have you got any?

It's also not a matter of "being dragged back into a world that you tried to hide from" - once you're dead, you no longer care where or how far your carcass is dragged, and make no mistake, they will fight to the conclusion once they are roused enough to start - either until they are dead, or until they are left alone. They are not hiding from that world, they want it to understand it's limits on micromanaging their lives.

Quote:If the men that want to be left alone do nothing, they will be always living at the discretion of those they want to turn their back on, which is never a wise move.

No, it has been at their discretion. That's what the men who want to be left alone have put up with so far by "doing nothing", and what they are getting ever more weary of as the noose tightens on them and "control" becomes "micromanagement". The time for "doing nothing" is at an end, and they will sooner rather than later, stop "doing nothing" and start "doing something", with extreme prejudice. The "discretion" of the opposition, the folks bent on not leaving them alone, is becoming ever more blatant and INdiscreet. And again, it's not a matter of anyone turning their back on anything. It's a matter of their opposition inserting increasingly more control over them and their lives than is warranted.

There is an old song that states in it's lyrics:

"He can't even run his own life
I'll be damned if he'll run mine"

... and THAT is the realization we are approaching.

Quote:As for:
Quote:They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror.  True terror will arrive at the Left's door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy … but, it will fall upon deaf ears.

If they used their raw hate and drive to stop the destruction of the life they so cherish, maybe they will be spared being reduced to animalistic behavior, in grief of what they did nothing to actually protect.

I am not saying I would not fight to the death to protect those that I love, but I am more into prevention. I have found it very unsatisfying and usually very costly to show up to try to put out the fire, after the house has been reduced to ashes.

My personal opinion.

Again, the question is "how"? How do you propose these "men who want to be left alone" convince Collectivists to leave them alone short of killing the collectivists when they have made it very clear they are unwilling to butt out of running other folks' lives? I'm all ears, would love a sane solution that does not involve taking them out one by one as they attack. No one WANTS to kill them, and no sane person WANTS to go to war, but once they have made it clear that nothing short of ending them will keep them from coming for you, what is the solution to convince them otherwise without putting them down for a dirt-nap?

I'm all ears, waiting for another solution to distribute.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
It was only a few. . . . . . - by beez - 08-02-2020, 05:24 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Snarl - 08-03-2020, 02:32 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Ninurta - 08-04-2020, 04:46 AM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Antisthenes - 08-04-2020, 05:34 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Antisthenes - 08-04-2020, 06:15 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by xuenchen - 08-02-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Antisthenes - 08-02-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by beez - 08-02-2020, 09:10 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Antisthenes - 08-02-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by beez - 08-02-2020, 09:20 PM
RE: It was only a few. . . . . . - by Antisthenes - 08-02-2020, 09:23 PM