Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detective Doctor or Why I Took My Cat To The Vet
As I've mentioned in Bally's thread about his dog my plan for Friday was to take my cat to the vet.  Oh, the cat, his name is Mr. Worm which is short for his given Scottish name of Wormus McGhee.  He also goes by Dog as all guys are dogs, Bubby, and my mom calls him Wormy.  

The issue was, a few weeks ago, with him wetting the bed starting.  I had this under control with something from Amazon or so I thought.  This week his wetting spots have begun to vary through out the house as well as vomiting.  A couple of days ago I could tell from his lack of doing much of anything that he was feeling sick.  Therefore the appointment with the vet.  He is an older cat who has been with me through all my years of crap especially after losing my wife.  Him and his sister are the ones who found her dead and made a point to let me know.

The challenge was going to be to get him in the cat carrier.  I brought it in from the garage and cleaned it out the night before to get him used to it.  Of course he knows what the carrier is for and made a point of complaining about that evening with his meows.  So Friday morning gets here and I have to drop him at the vet's between 8-9 AM which is hard for me as I don't do mornings.  As I'm half asleep and one-hand for the most part after surgery catching him was a challenge.  It took me about 45 mins to finally get him from his hiding spot in the overly crowded with useless junk (thanks to my dad) living room.  Finally the short trip begins.  \

Mr. Worm is meowing all the way there as is his way whenever he is out of his safe zone.  I tried and somewhat succeeded to calm him down by singing "Mustang Sally" to him.  The only issue was I don'y know any of the words.  Why sing "Mustang Sally"?  According to my late wife that was his favorite song and she would pick him up and dance with him to the song.  Therefore I made up some lyrics to calm him down.  This was hard as they always came back to my late wife.  Crying and driving don't mix well.

Finally parked at the vet's office.  Thanks to the so called virus people are not allowing inside.  This means I called them and told them what parking space I was in then someone came out and took him.

Around 12 noon the doctor calls me to tell me that after examining him they can't find anything wrong.  The only only issue was that Worm didn't urinate while there do they could test him for diabetes.  The only other way they had to check to see what was wrong was with blood work.  Unfortunately blood work is a few hundred dollars.  That hurt but like taking a car into get repaired I said yes as I wanted him better.  I especially want to know how he is doing as I plan on taking him and sister with me once I have (hope I an getting I mean) my Social Security.  So blood was taken and it was sent off to a lab someplace else in the world meaning no further answers from the doctor until she became detective doctor.

By that I mean she started asking questions about the cat's living environment.  Six weeks ago I had a cast put on my right wrist after wrist surgery.  As I have been mostly one handed dad has volunteered for litter box duties.  The detective doctor pointed out that Worm's problems started at this time.  I haven't been checking the box but got the feeling (actually the smell from the box) that all was not right.  Therefore I checked the enclosed litter box yesterday to find (like with just about every other issue I have) that dad was the problem.  At most the miser dad had at most two handfuls of litter in the box that should have been changed about a week ago.  I corrected this error the best I could which means the kitties have plenty of litter in the now cleaner box and I'll be checking much more often.  Mr. Worm was ready for me to pick him up at 5 pm Friday and hasn't caused any problems since.
If I am not here then I am probably someplace else.

Messages In This Thread
Detective Doctor or Why I Took My Cat To The Vet - by LookingForABetterLife - 08-02-2020, 03:06 AM