Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free Seeds - Brushing Scam Or Something Else
(07-30-2020, 03:44 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I read an article yesterday on Twitter that said anyone receiving the seeds should call their local Dept. of Agriculture to come pick them up. They are believed to come from China. Who knows what China is up to now?
Hopefully they will dispose of them properly.

Each State seems to be putting out their own warnings, but some of the seeds have already been planted or thrown out. Florida just put out a warning a little over a day ago. Some States put out their warnings even later than that. So some of those seeds are already in our environment. I would like to think it is just a scam, but with the world being as crazy as it is, we would be remiss not to think about other possibilities.

Quote:The department said anyone who has received the seeds should not open them, plant them or throw them in the trash if it’s destined for a landfill. Instead, they should report the package to the Florida Department of Agriculture at 1-888-397-1517 or DPIhelpline@FDACS.gov. They should also contact the U.S. Department of Agriculture at 1-800-877-3835 or SITC.Mail@aphis.usda.gov.

Indiana was a lot more detailed in their instructions.

Quote:The department said anyone who has received the seeds should not open them, plant them or throw them in the trash if it’s destined for a landfill. Instead, they should report the package to the Florida Department of Agriculture at 1-888-397-1517 or DPIhelpline@FDACS.gov. They should also contact the U.S. Department of Agriculture at 1-800-877-3835 or SITC.Mail@aphis.usda.gov.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Seeds - Brushing Scam Or Something Else - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-30-2020, 04:18 PM