Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free Seeds - Brushing Scam Or Something Else
I first heard about the reports of people receiving packages of seeds in the mail that they did not order or request, from an internet news feed. I really didn't pay any attention to it. When the local news started reporting on our local residents receiving these packages, it more than piqued my interest. Seeds don't mean much to people outside of the country, but a lot of folk in the country are very dependent on seeds and agriculture. So I did a little research on the mystery seeds.

Quote:JACKSONVILLE, Fla.– More than 600 Floridians have reported being part of what the U.S. Department of Agriculture is calling a “brushing” scam in which they received un-ordered seed packages.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020...hing-scam/

That led me to want a better understanding what a brushing scam is. I found this.

Quote:So, what is a brushing a scam, and how can it impact you?A manufacturer might send you free stuff either to boost their sales or to be able to put in "fake" 5-star reviews about their product. Simply put, a brushing scam happens when someone sends you free stuff in the mail, or even sends you empty packages.

https://www.foolproofme.org/articles/360...the-carpet

Okay, so now I have a better understanding of what brushing is, but I just can't see how it would generate enough profit for anyone, to send out thousands of seeds to people that didn't order them, to make it worth the investment. I know that brushing is just one of the theories out there about what may actually be going on, and some are quite interesting. My biggest concern at this point, is how large amounts of anything, can come into the US and be distributed to such a degree, without the authorities being able to trace it.

It mores than frustrates me that they spend so much time and money tracing law abiding citizens of this country, and they can't track down the people or entity that is dumping mysterious items all over the US.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
Free Seeds - Brushing Scam Or Something Else - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-30-2020, 02:15 PM