Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’ve volunteered to be a guinea pig for a COVID-19 vaccine
(07-18-2020, 02:16 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Yesterday, I did something I never thought I would do. I found a website where I signed up to volunteer to get a COVID-19 vaccine. I was inspired by news articles that stated that people were volunteering to try out various vaccines to combat COVID-19. I am at an age where I feel it could benefit to see how it affects those over 50. I am 56 years old, and live on my own now that my husband is permanently in a nursing home due to a stroke he had in February. I just feel I want to make a mark and help others. Yeah, I know it’s risky. Perhaps my mindset has changed a little since this pandemic started. Instead of becoming more fearful, I decided to be a little more daring. I think I have a purpose here, and I believe God is gently nudging me along this path.  

I haven’t told anyone in my family I have done this. I feel my Mom and Dad would be freaked out, and telling my husband is not an option at this point. The last thing I want to do is make him anxious. So I guess this is my little secret, hence my stating it on here. None of you know who I am, so I feel comfortable talking about this on this site.  

Am I batshit crazy? Maybe. I do feel strongly committed to doing this though. Whenever I feel that way, I go with my gut. I have faith I’ll be okay in the end. I cannot sit around and do nothing. I served my country for 20 years in the Navy. Now I want to serve my country in a different way. Let’s hope this works out. 

While I admire the intent and motivation behind your actions to do this, I would urge you to reconsider.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’ve volunteered to be a guinea pig for a COVID-19 vaccine - by beez - 07-18-2020, 03:02 PM