Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeff Sessions loses comeback bid in Alabama runoff
(07-15-2020, 02:39 PM)LSU2018 Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 06:42 AM)727Sky Wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/50...ama-runoff
Quote:Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions failed in his bid to reclaim his old Senate seat after losing to former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville in the Alabama GOP runoff on Tuesday. 
Tuberville was leading Sessions 63 percent to 37 percent with 35 percent of precincts reporting, according to The Associated Press.
The former football coach will go on to face Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.) in November. Jones is considered the most vulnerable Democrat facing reelection in 2020 in a race The Cook Political Report rates as "Lean Republican."
The runoff comes months after the state's Republican primary in March, when neither Sessions nor Tuberville cleared a majority.  
Sessions congratulated Tuberville in a speech.

I had wondered how this would play out after Trump endorsed T. Tuberville.. Wonder no more ... minusculebeercheers

Tommy Tubersteak... And to think, as an LSU fan, I used to hate him when he was the coach of one of our conference rivals... 

For the record, I stopped hating him a long time ago when he left Auburn. I'm glad to see him back on the winning side of things, hopefully it continues. 

The biggest question will be how long before the liberal NCAA forfeits Auburn's seasons from 1999 to 2008 when the republican was their head coach.

Dude... I'm a Tide fan! You don't think it was hard to vote for an Auburn coach?

Took three cartons of smokes and a case of PBR to get that done...

TheRedneck

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeff Sessions loses comeback bid in Alabama runoff - by TheRedneck - 07-15-2020, 02:54 PM