Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeff Sessions loses comeback bid in Alabama runoff
(07-15-2020, 12:55 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 12:42 PM)TheRedneck Wrote: None of us know what exactly goes on in the DoJ. It is secretive for a reason.

Don't write 'em any excuses, Redneck.  It's the DoJ ... and extreme measures should be in place to produce transparency.  Only redactions should be a tell ... not stalling, or ignoring, or any other non-sense means of resistance.

Sessions was a career politician.  The bastard did what he did, because that's exactly what he wanted to do.  And, he did it exactly the way it was planned.  Sessions hamstrung President Trump and that little fuckin' weasel Rosenstein stabbed him in the kidneys.

ETA:  No fan of Trump here.  I was glad to see a 3d Party candidate ... and I truly enjoyed watching him ridicule the 'strong' majority of GOP candidates during his ascension.

Not really an excuse... more of a reason.

When I say the DoJ has to be secretive, I'm talking comparatively. The last thing I want is to see a case of corruption go unpunished because the evidence got tainted or because someone found out what was going on in time to hide their dirty deeds. I want to see results rather than every dirty little detail... save those for tricking the indicted into incriminating themselves in front of a jury.

The problem with Sessions was, there were never any results... just excuses.

As for his history, he was initially a prosecutor, and a damn good one. Sessions, while Alabama AG, would go after anyone no matter how much political power they had. He was the first one to hang the KKK on the end of a legal rope, and is considered the man who put them down like the dogs they are in Alabama, right at the time when they were most powerful. Now, maybe he turned into a career politician... I'll grant you that. Personally, I think he just got complacent and lazy. Problem is, he got complacent and lazy right when he was most needed. He should have stepped down and let someone else come in and clean house as soon as he realized he couldn't handle things himself. No one here would have had a major problem with that and he could have had his Senate seat back.

TheRedneck

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeff Sessions loses comeback bid in Alabama runoff - by TheRedneck - 07-15-2020, 02:31 PM