Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Supreme Court rules Trump must turn over tax records
(07-09-2020, 06:45 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: They are desperate to catch him in "something", anything, to tarnish his reputation before the election.

Even if it is found that he paid off two women, to me, that is less a crime than bribing another country (Biden and Ukraine), or selling our uranium to Russia (Killary), or the pallets of cash Obummer sent to Iran.

It's going to be another clown show until the election.    mediumfacepalm

Biden and Ukraine used public money - yours and mine - to coerce Ukraine. Hillary and Uranium used public resources - OUR unranium - to enrich her private coffers by selling t to a foreign power and weakening our own resources. Obama sent public money - yours and mine again - by the pallet load to an actively hostile foreign power, Iran.

The difference here, and what is at question, is whether Trump used his own money to pay the women off, or whether he used campaign funds to pay them off, rather than whether there was ever a payoff at all or not. As I recall, the Trump lawyer says it was private Trump money involved in the payoff, and the Witch Inquisitors claim it was campaign money used, which would be a campaign finance violation.

I believe the matter was settled some time ago already, and what they are doing is trying to get his personal financial records to attempt to find OTHER improprieties unrelated to the actual reason for the subpoena - i.e. a "fishing expedition". Team Trump is just keeping them tied up on a wild goose chase, distracting them by making them think there may be a "there" there, when in reality there is not so that they don't even consider looking where there might actually be something to find..

Pretty sure that Trump will come out of this smelling like a rose, and the grand Inquisition will end up with egg all over their faces...

... again.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supreme Court rules Trump must turn over tax records - by Ninurta - 07-09-2020, 08:53 PM