Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Privilege they erased from History
(07-06-2020, 01:22 AM)guohua Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 12:55 AM)DaphneApollo Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 11:42 PM)guohua Wrote: @"DaphneApollo" 
I am sorry to hear of this happening to you.

As soon as I took the Naturalized Citizen Oath, the very next day my husband took me gun shopping and then to the local indoor ranges.
I am armed every time I leave my home and even in my Clinic I am armed and if a new patient does not like seeing my SCCY 380. on my side, they can find another Acupuncturist and Herbal Medicine Doctor.

I have had only two new patients in the last 8 years who have questioned my side are and requested I remove it.
Both people just moved here from California.
They are not My Patients.

@guohua thanks for the kind words, it was traumatizing.

After that door was kicked in, we bought a 45 pistol.  Put it under the bed.  Two months later we were broken in on again. The gun was not stolen though. They were startled by us coming home and the doberman across the street ran after the little black angel but couldn't catch him. /sarc.

Congrats on naturalization.  Your husband did a good thing getting you a gun and training.  I don't have training.  So, it's gonna hurt if I shoot someone.

Herbal medicine?  I read your thread on benefits of ginger, very nice.

Thank You, I hope the Ginger information was helpful.
Keep in-mind that if you have bladder infections or kidney problems and if you like corn on the comb like I do. Do not throw out the water.
If you boil your combs in the green husk, don't throw out the water, drink a cup or two, best when it is warm.
Actually, drink for two days at least 8 oz glass twice a day.
Yes you will notice a lightness in your bladder and kidney region.

My husband said the 45. pistol is probably to much gun for you.
The recoil would be a little much for you in an emergency.
The sound would scare most people way.

Put he thinks you should try a 380. or 9mm.
Easier to hold in your hand.
I use the 380. because ,,, well,, I'm Chinese and small.
I really like my new 22.

Here is a handgun that is great, the KEL TEC 22. semi auto for $170., it is a nice American made handgun that comes with the Silencer barrel adapter, I just bought one and my husband bought me the Red Jacket Silencer for it. $125.00 online. Using 45 grain hollow points, two rounds would stop them from wanting to come any closer.

Sorry I'm rambling on and on.

My wife's first handgun was a Ruger SR22, nice little handgun for sure, but I'm concerned about the stopping power.  

Shot placement is everything.  While a .22 is more controllable and should therefore be more accurate, if you're in a situation where you're fighting for your life and the adrenalin is pumping, you won't be as accurate as you are at the range.

It took a long time of convincing and going to the range, but I finally got her up to a .380, still working on the 9mm.

A smoother shooting gun will be a heavier gun.  The CZ75B is one I've been eyeballing, all steel construction and the best shooting 9mm I've fired.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 04:38 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 06:28 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 07:21 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-06-2020, 12:55 AM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by Schmoe1 - 07-06-2020, 02:33 AM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-07-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-06-2020, 01:05 AM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-07-2020, 01:50 PM