Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Privilege they erased from History
Thank you for that video, I hadn't seen it.

Even before seeing that video, though, I've been sick and tired of hearing about white guilt and privilege and reparations and blah blah blah.

I have never experienced any privilege from being white.

When I was young and dumb(er), a friend and I egged a building just for fun.  We were seen doing it, cops were called, and after a long discussion with our parents, it was decided we would spend the entire weekend cleaning the building.  Of course we did, on top of getting our asses belted lol.

When I was in school, my parents pounded into my head the need to get good grades and get accepted into a college.  They pounded into my head that nobody owes you anything, you're going to get as far as you yourself carry you.

I've had a few black friends and acquaintances, some in Philly and some in the suburbs.  It was amazing to hear the city kids calling the suburb kids "not black" because of their nice houses and education.  Those city kids, if they went to college to better themselves, were seen as uncle Tom's in their communities, better than everyone else and trying to be like whitey.

My point is, what does the black community do for the black community?  It seems like they feel owed for something, and all you have to do is look at the culture in the inner cities.  Why is it so different from what you find in the suburbs?

I worked for about 4 years as a private investigator on insurance fraud/worker's compensation fraud.  Many times I was assigned cases in rougher neighborhoods in Philly.  It was night and day, the difference in response to a strange person in a car sitting in the neighborhood for hours straight.  In the suburbs, you usually wouldn't go beyond an hour or two before a neighbor came out and asked if you needed help, some would just call the cops.  In the city, though, you'd see people walking near your car, taking a peek inside, then immediately calling someone.  More than likely the drug house saying there was a cop watching.  Never once was a cop called on me, never once did anyone ask any questions.  Once that call was made, you'd see people come out of their house and sit on their porch, occasionally glancing at you.  It got to a point where I'd carry a dummy radio on me next to the laptop so the people walking by would definitely think I was a cop and alert the drug house, I figured go right on ahead, I'm here for the scammer anyway.

I've seen what seemed like entire neighborhoods in on it.  What do you think their kids are seeing?  My point is, nothing is going to change until inner city black America changes.  Don't believe me?  Take a peek at black on black crime statistics.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 04:38 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by Schmoe1 - 07-05-2020, 05:51 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 06:28 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-05-2020, 07:21 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-06-2020, 12:55 AM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-07-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-06-2020, 01:05 AM
RE: The Privilege they erased from History - by DaphneApollo - 07-07-2020, 01:50 PM