Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Celebrating Independence Day by being compliant
Thumbs Up 
I guess you could file this under, "Rant By Angry Old Man".

In a couple of days, Americans are going to "celebrate" the 4th of July, Independence Day.

They will do it with masks on because that's what the government is telling them to do.

They won't be able to go to beaches, lakes, rivers in many states because the government is telling them not to.

They won't be at bars, restaurants, clubs, because the government says they have to stay closed.

They will celebrate independence from a crual government over-reach by only doing what the state, local, federal government tells them they can do.

I propose changing the name to "Irony Day" because our nation has become one of candy-asses who soil their skinny jeans when they see someone without a mask unless they're tearing down a statue or trying to destroy Mt. Rushmore.

On Saturday, while many are celebrating in a neat and tidy prescribed government fashion, I'll be mourning the loss of the independent spirit that once made us great.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread
Celebrating Independence Day by being compliant - by beez - 07-02-2020, 08:20 PM