Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The real battle to come, and the only savior of the human race...
Great points MisterSpock.  I said in another thread how technology is a blessing and a curse.

Medical advancements have saved countless lives.  Many.parents haven't had to bury their children because of it.  Thats the blessing side of it.

Also it enables us to have this conversation.  I love that side of technology. 

On the other hand, like you said, people on the whole in the US have no survival skills today.  If an EMP or solar flare wiped out the power grid, the vast majority would be clueless about what to do.

People now have constant stimulation, there's little need to interact with other people, and that has been a detriment to society.  In 1500ad, people relied on each other more, and for that reason had tighter knit communities and better relationships in general.  Social media has done nothing good for relationships, it's made infidelity as easy as a 20 second typed message.  It's part of the whole "look at me!" culture. 

Me personally, I wish we could keep the medical advancements and do away with most other things.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The real battle to come, and the only savior of the human race... - by Schmoe1 - 07-02-2020, 05:35 PM