Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump: U.S. must "start thinking about" racial profiling
I like how he compared   banning immigrants temporarily from the known terrorist countries, to the crisis Ebola when it first occured

Quote:Tell me if I am wrong,” said Murray. “Tell me if my memory is failing. I seem to recall that a couple of years ago, when three Western African nations were threatened by a frightening outbreak of the Ebola virus, nations like Australia, Jamaica and the United States placed an immediate ban on travelers from those nations.

The decision was founded on the common sense belief that while the overwhelming majority of citizens living in Sierra Leone and Liberia were not carrying the Ebola virus, some were, and that at that point no one knew who they were. Therefore the safe play was to place an embargo on all of them, all of them who wanted to leave their countries and find safety here. It would have been phenomenally and criminally stupid to risk the welfare of our own citizens in order to genuflect to "migrant rights", would it not?

“What I don't recall, however, is hearing any outraged liberal or Social Justice Warrior denounce this temporary measure as bigoted and ignorant. I don't remember any of them calling public health officials "racist", or lashing out a politician who backed the decision of the Center for Disease Control to act swiftly to protect Americans. After all, the first responsibility of elected leaders is to ensure public safety.

Nope-- no insults were thrown around when the temporary ban on travelers from those nations was put in place.

No one was called a racist or bigot, which is nice for a change really.
The personal attacks often remind me of a 5 yr old, except they are from educated grown ups, go figure.

And Trump did not say 'permanently' ban them despite what the MSM says.
Trump said TEMPORARY ban them until they are PROPERLY vetted.

God forbid someone wants to lookout for our country's National Security and it's citizens.

You wait .....it will take another attack or two on our soil, before people start coming around and side with Trump.
Sad thing tho, how many more people have to die before we do anything about it?

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump: U.S. must "start thinking about" racial profiling - by senona - 06-21-2016, 03:43 AM